May 15, 2012

How Big Is Too Big?

My motto when decorating: bigger is better, especially when it comes to accessories or lighting. Any time I get asked, "What size chandelier do I buy for over my table?" 2/3rds the width of the table is a good size, but when in doubt, always choose the larger item. This will insure that you don't underemphasize the room or piece of furniture.

So what do you think of this kitchen? The oversized chandelier is definitely big. So are the étagères that flank the counter. When is going big going too far?

To see the rest of the room, click on over to the House Beautiful site.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I'm glad to hear this because we just replaced the ceiling fan over our bed with a much larger, 52" fan and it still startles me when I wake up in the morning! LOL!

I was worried that even over a king-size bed, it seems too huge!

Kimberly Merritt said...

Sounds positively dramatic, Diane! I hope you'll get used to your new fan as I'm sure you'll appreciate it in once the hot weather hits!

Thanks for stopping by.