August 2, 2010

Scenes From the Cape (Series): A Quick Re-Cap

Warm, sultry days turned into cool, crisp evenings with only the moon and stars to guide my way. I lived my days not by the clock, but by the ebb and flow of the tides and the pull of that moon. I am still under its spell.

My family and I enjoyed some much-needed quiet time away from the real world. Although I'd be lying if I said I've had enough vacation, it's good to be back writing for my blog once again. And since a picture is worth a thousand words, I thought I'd share some of my favorite photos of my adventures at sea with you all this month.

In addition to this new series, this month's posts will reflect a more introspective, quiet approach to living. I'll share my thoughts, beautiful pictures, and give you a glimpse into my summer life back in the woods.

The picture above was taken on the bay side of the Cape at high tide. The light was just right as I snapped die-hard beach goers waiting for the sun to go down.

Seafood is the name of the game around here. This small fish shack features all kinds of goodies straight from the boats less than 50 feet away. You'll meet all kinds of characters behind the counter as you select your supper.

Natural shingles and a few lobster buoys are all the decoration you need. The colors and patterns denote whose buoy is whose when collecting the traps at the end of the day.

The girls went deep sea fishing this year. They didn't catch anything, but they did get up close and personal with the seals. (Seems the sharks are doing the same!)

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Wow! To pick your dinner from a fresh catch! The photo of the lobster buoys is amazing. Great post!

XO,
Valerie

elena nuez said...

i loooove beautiful living style!!!

Kimberly Merritt said...

Thank you ladies. Glad to have you back bicocacolors. Welcome Valerie. :o)