January 5, 2012

Vintage: Bringing Back the Postcard

I spent some time last week pouring over old letters from friends and family, my husband and children, when I pulled out a stack of postcards from Paris a friend had written more than twenty years ago. I admired the stamp, the postmark, the weight of the paper. My box of cards and letters reminded me that a letter or note doesn't necessarily have to be long, as long as the message is clear: I care. So this week, I will purchase a stack of pretty postcards and grab a roll of stamps (29 cents vs. 44 cents for a letter) and I will send them off with a smile.

Image via philatelicdatabase.com

3 comments:

Kelsi said...

I love postcards! During my trip through Europe I sent out a lot of postcards to friends. I loved seeing them posted on refrigerators and bulletin boards when I got back home.

Kimberly Merritt said...

And they don't take quite as much effort as writing a letter. Thanks for sharing, Kelsi. I'll be sure to check out your blog soon.

KC said...

Hi,

My name is KC Owens, I’m a college student and I love to travel! While cruising the Internet, I found your site and really enjoyed reading your posts. I have been to countries all over Europe with just my backpack and a camera. Since I am a college student and I have significant bills, it can be difficult to find ways to travel the world. However, I have done this several times, with less than ten pounds of luggage and while on a college dime!

I was hoping that you would allow me to write a post for your site to share my tips and tricks with your readers. I put a lot of time into my traveling, it is my biggest passion and I would love to inspire others by sharing my stories, mistakes and triumphs. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

KC Owens