August 2, 2012

Over the Moon for Cape Cod

On our way back from watching the Chatham Anglers play the Orleans Firebirds (our favorite team) in Chatham, we then watched the moon dance along the shoreline over Pleasant Bay. We pulled off just for a few minutes so I could capture this image. The photo is not very good, but even if it were, it wouldn't have done the image of the moon reflecting on the water justice. It was beautiful and the perfect way to end an evening of eating peanuts and popcorn at a baseball game surrounded by my family. I had all three of my children with me for several days over the week of the 4th and I couldn't have been happier. Once we were all in bed reading (though my son got away with my no technology rule and watched a movie on his iPhone) and after hearing laughter, the rustle of pages, and a round of good-nights, I turned to my husband and said, "It doesn't get any better than this."

0 comments: