May 31, 2013

The Music (Wo)Man

This week started with music and it's going to end with music. My youngest daughter plays the Alto Saxophone and she marched in three Memorial Day parades on Monday. Yes, three. That's the joy of living in a small town. Our high school is regional so they marched down streets and through fields playing and listening to dedications for hours.

But tonight, she will don her long black dress to sing and play in our annual Pops Concert. I was at the school earlier in the day helping set up. This is the music departments annual fund-raiser, so we have all baked, decorated, and cleaned so all will be beautiful for tonight's performance. She will get another workout tonight as she switches stages between the three bands she plays in and the risers she stands on to sing. (She'll even add a cool tie to her ensemble when her jazz band is the center of attention.)

School activities are starting to wind down, but not before they make sure every single student has had their fill. Banquets, concerts, marching practice (for graduation), scholarship night... I get dizzy looking at my calendar this time of year. But, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm looking forward to another wonderful performance.

Wish me luck. I have to refill water pitchers during intermission. Let's just hope I don't run over any toes with my flight-attendant like cart!

Have a wonderful weekend!

0 comments: