January 7, 2014

Back From Break

Christmas vacation is never long enough...never. In fact, my decorations are still up simply because I don't have the heart to take them down. It will happen soon however, and I need to move into a new mindset. Onward.

Winter is supposedly here, but I think it hasn't quite decided what to do. We had more than 2 feet of snow on the ground before Christmas and then a huge warm up got rid of half of it. The day after New Year's Day, 13 more inches fell and we took a drive through the woods to enjoy the view. The temperature has been all over the place ranging from -14 to almost 50 degrees in the past week alone. We've had snow, ice, freezing rain, and yesterday it poured buckets to pretty much wipe out the 13" we received last week. The ground is still covered in snow, the driveway and walkway in ice. It's a balmy 8 degrees as I write this. The rest of the week will be the same...low low's and unseasonable high's. You've got to love New England.

So what have I been up to? I spent a good deal of time relaxing with my girls. My oldest daughter arrived home for winter break over two weeks ago and we've spent our time cooking, sledding, going to the movies, shopping, laughing, talking, watching Harry Potter, reading Harry Potter, eating ice cream. Did I mention laughing? My husband was also on vacation and was held captive by three females who pretty much ruled the roost. I'd say he's a pretty lucky guy.


Now it's time to get back into schedules and routines. I've been dreaming up posts, getting the studio mentally ready for new classes (and teachers!), thinking up new ideas, and writing. And (if I dare write this down) one of my goals for this year is to change up this blog a bit. Just a bit...a new look, refined content maybe, who knows. It will still be my place to play with words and images and write about all things home and living well.

Truth be told, I'd rather go sledding. :o)

0 comments: