September 30, 2014

Apples!

Saturday, we were at the orchard once again. I think David and I figured out that this whole apple picking tradition started 24 years ago! Amazing. And even though we now live in southern NH, we still take the drive into Harvard, MA and pick at the same orchard. I now have a half bushel and a peck of apples sitting in my kitchen, one pie already made, and several more to make.

Each year we hold a contest to see who can find the smallest apple. (David won.) But this year, Amanda decided to up the stakes and started a new tradition... guess who found the biggest apple? I can see this huge Courtland apple right now as it sits on my kitchen windowsill. I don't have the heart to cut it up for pie. I think I'll let Amanda eat her prize when she's ready.

Here are some delicious apple recipes you're sure to enjoy.

Old-Fashioned Apple Pie (Kate's favorite dessert!)
Apple Cider Doughnuts
Inside Out Caramel Apples
Easy Bake Apples
Apple Butter
Overnight Apple Oatmeal
Apple Pie Pull-Apart Bread
Cider Glazed Apple Dumplings
Applesauce Pop Tarts
Caramel Apple Monkey Bread

Apple Cider
Sparkling Apple Juice
21 Delicious Apple Cider Cocktails

Sweet Potato and Apple Soup
Roasted Pork Loin With Apples and Sweet Potato
Roasted Apples and Fall Vegetable With Pecans
Apple Cider Baked Chicken

0 comments: