September 12, 2014

What a Weekend in the Country Looks Like

This is what I/we did last weekend...a little writing out on the porch, fixing the driveway culvert, and adding additional drainage to the driveway. New England weather is brutal so we're always dealing with one fix or another. This year we're actually trying to get ahead of it for once.

So what's on the agenda this weekend? Kate is coming home, so I expect to be doing laundry, cooking her a batch of Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Muffins, then helping Amanda get ready for her homecoming dance, and maybe stacking some wood. I don't know about where you are, but the temperature is really starting to dip here. A nice cozy fire sounds good to me.

While you're enjoying your weekend, take a peek at some of the things that caught my eye this week.

7 things you didn't know about Seinfeld.

Did you know your state has a super food? Mine is pumpkin.

Fall nail polish trends. I just purchased Essie's Wicked.

What do you think about the color khaki?

Land's End Pink Thread Project.

Thinking of Halloween already? Me too. This site has the best ideas.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Sounds like a fun weekend to me. I love the new direction your blog is going in. Thanks for sharing your world.

Casey

Kimberly Merritt said...

Thanks, Casey. I appreciate your comments. The blog re-do is almost complete so please stick around.