December 9, 2009

Are You Dreaming of a White Christmas?

A few years ago my girls starting sifting through my old Christmas movies and found a tape of White Christmas starring Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. Well, they popped it into the player (yes I still have a VCR) and fell in love. I can't say if it was the slapstick comedy, the dancing, or the music, but I will tell you that I have heard the song "Sisters" enough to last me a lifetime.

You see, my girls are the first set of "sisters" among all of our nieces and nephews. After twenty odd grandchildren between our two families, my hubby and I were the first and only couple to actually have two girls. (My husband is the youngest of nine and grew up with five sisters, so you can only imagine how much their aunts spoil them.)

Three years ago, when the Broadway production came to Boston, we knew we had to get tickets. We planned a day in the city to really celebrate the season and our special day. We shopped a bit before the production, and I found some gorgeous rhinestone snowflake pins. My youngest daughter decided she preferred the necklace instead, so we walked away with two pins and a necklace that we quickly put on before the performance. Needless to say, the whole day was magical. (Whitechristmasmusical.com)

Now, after the first snowfall of the season, we take out our jewels and wear them all winter long. I love to pin my snowflake on the collar of the coat or scarf I'm wearing. It reminds me of the wonderful day we shared together.

0 comments: