August 5, 2011

The Dog Days of Summer

Meet Dante, the newest member of our family. He has been to the vet this month more than Cooper has been all year. Boosters, new shots, a few exams....finally he is cleared for take-off. My wonderful vet assures me that in a few months' time, Cooper will be okay and both dogs can give and receive love without World War III breaking out. (Please feel free to chime in if you have any advice.)

If you were to ask me just a short month ago if we would ever be a two dog family, my answer would have been an affirmative "heck no!". In fact, when David and I went to pick up some plants a while back, we saw an Australian Shepherd that caught our eye and he asked me if I was willing to give it a try. (Insert the "heck no!" here.) Well, the joke is certainly on me.

He is a complete love. Stay tuned. The adventure is just beginning.

2 comments:

Kristen516 said...

He is beautiful! My girls keep asking for a dog when the cat dies....LOL and UGH all in one.

Glad to see you back.

Anonymous said...

He's a beauty. I'm sure he and Cooper will be best of friends. J