July 26, 2012

Accomplishment

Summertime and swimming. Is there anything more enjoyable? Some serious games of football and splash, jumping off the water trampoline, and the annual "swim across the pond" are just a few of the things we love to do when we're on vacation. But this year, things got a bit more serious. (And just to clarify... I am the only member of my family who has yet to swim across the pond. I'm the one in the canoe with the camera and the life preservers!) My youngest daughter and my hubby decided that this year they were going to combine their three outdoor activity loves togetherswim across the pond, bike to Coastguard Beach, and then run through the bike trailsin the same day. Their 2012 Summer Triathlon took place on July 15th at 9:30 am. We guesstimated how much time it would take, and figured between the actual time it would take them to complete each task and the several breaks they would need to recuperate between each one (about a mile swim, 18-mile bike ride, 2-mile run), it would take about 3 1/2 - 4 hours. But they astounded us all by completing the entire thing (with breaks) in 2 1/2 hours!

My sister-in-law, my oldest daughter, and I were exhausted just jumping in and out of the Jeep to beat them to each checkpoint!

Well done!

0 comments: