January 22, 2013

Growing Older

What's that saying? Middle age is when you spend more time looking back than looking ahead. Perhaps. But I don't fear growing old any more. In fact, I look forward to it. Here's a quote you may relate to from a movie that's about 7 years old.
"You know what then, I don't mind. If my muscles ache, it's 'cause I've used 'em. If It's hard for me to walk up those steps, it's because I walked up them every night to lay next to a man that loved me. I got a few wrinkles here and there, but I've laid under thousands of skies with sunny days. I look and feel this way, well, 'cause I drank and I smoked and I lived and I loved and danced, sang, sweat, and screwed my way through a pretty good damn life. If you ask me, gettin' old ain't bad, man. Gettin' old... that's earned."
I had to pause the movie to find out exactly where this quote was so I could write it down. Even my 15-year-old daughter posted the last sentence on her Facebook page. Wisdom doesn't always come with age.

Image of Helen Mirren via google.com

3 comments:

Meagan said...

The Guardian

Noel said...

Yes, this was a quote from Bonnie Bramlett's character Maggie in The Guardian. I'm not a fan of Ashton Kutcher, but I loved that film!

Kimberly Merritt said...

Thank you, Meagan and Noel. Email me at beautifulliving@msn.com and I'll send you each a copy of my book! (Extra points to Noel who named the actress and the character she plays!)

For those of you who got your answers in via email or Facebook, you'll also receive a copy.

Thanks for playing!