October 8, 2013

Here, There, and Everywhere

Last weekend I was in Rhode Island and this past weekend I was in Connecticut (by way of Vermont) and Massachusetts. I guess you could say that I've been on a bit of a road trip kick lately. Some of the trips were for pleasure (checking out a college campus, apple picking, attending a going away party for my nephew, saying goodbye to my parents as they head south for the winter) and for business (attending a design education conference). It's a beautiful time of year to travel through New England. I almost felt like a tourist.

The picture above was taken in Essex, CT. An adorable little village situated on the Connecticut River. My good friend stays at the Griswold Inn each December and enjoys strolling through town and staying at the lovely 18th Century Inn with her husband. We had a delightful lunch on their patio before she showed me around.


The town is quintessential New EnglandCaptain's houses, stone, brick, and clapboard facades, white picket fences, and plenty of charm. It's no wonder she visits every year. After a day of catching up and enjoying each other's company, it was time to settle in and learn a few things. The following day, I attended her mini conference and caught up with old friends, colleagues, and former students. There is just never enough time to enjoy it all.


The leaves here in New Hampshire are almost at peak. Even in Massachusetts (where this photo was taken) the leaves were bursting with color.

Photos: Essex, CT and Harvard, MA

0 comments: