March 14, 2014

Write Away

Just for fun, I thought I'd throw out a few of the writing prompts from the book 642 Things to Write About for all the writers out there. There are many days I sit in front of my computer and think, "What do I write about now?". So if you're stuck on a short story, an essay, or even a blog post, sometimes just freeing yourself from your topic is enough to jump-start your creativity. Ready to give it a try? Here's the assignment. I'll give you three choices, pick one and run with it.

1. You find your great grandmother's diary. On June 16, 1856, she wrote:
2. Wright about something you know absolutely nothing about. Make all of it up.
3. Your worst experience in gym class.

My youngest daughter just did a free-writing session in her English class. She had to sit and write for 20 minutes about anything and everything that came to mind. Once she completed that task, she was asked to highlight any parts of her writing she felt would be interesting enough to turn into a speech. She just delivered that speech a couple of days ago.


Care to share? I'd love to see what you came up with. If you post it on your blog, I'll link it back to you.

Photo: The Everygirl

0 comments: