April 30, 2014

I'm Just a Mom

"I don't understand why women say 'I'm just a mom'. Remind me again which job on the planet is more important..." Mother's Day is just around the corner. My mum is up from Florida for the season and I got to see her for the first time in months this past weekend. Four generations of women were in the room that day. As I was watching my granddaughter with my youngest daughter by my side, a torch was passed.

No matter how far away she is, my mother is always on my mind.

Read about what my mother has taught me and what I hope I've taught my children. I know I want the same thing for Mother's Day that I asked for last yearto be surrounded by my family...and maybe a little ice cream; that's my idea of the perfect Mother's Day. Here are few gift ideas for mom you may enjoy giving. Gather some simple ingredients and pamper her with sugar body scrubs you can make yourself. Or check out this Mother's Day gift box. (Save 15% through May 11th.)

And here are a few posts on motherhood you may like...Hiding Out, The One Two Punch, and Worrywart.

Quote by Susan Hallum

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Oh, I loved the motherhood posts. Wish you were around to have written about your children when they were younger. Mine are in elementary school. I look forward to more.

Anonymous said...

Great post and I love the sugar scrubs. I'll think I'll try that this year. For me and her. :)
Debby

Callie said...

I've read these posts before but they were worth reading again. Happy Mother's Day to you. :)

Kimberly Merritt said...

Thank you all. I'm glad you enjoyed the posts!