April 8, 2015

Everyday Local

There are some days (okay, a lot of days) that I really don't want to cook, but the choices we have for good, healthy take-out are extremely limited. We're fortunate to have a grocery store that offers pre-cooked organic foods, but that means we can only eat in town. That's when I found this line of Nature's Place foods at a Hannaford's grocery chain. I knew they carried the line, but what I didn't know is that I could actually pick up dinner. I can't remember the last time I ate a rotisserie chicken, but here you have it. Their foods aren't exactly local, but I'm okay with that. Humanely-raised foods are starting to make their way into regular grocery stores, and now this. And it was on sale! Bonus.

If you're interested in eating humanely-raised meats, be sure they are labeled "certified" organic. Not all organic meats are humanely-raised.

0 comments: