June 16, 2015

Planning for Vacation (1000 Words)

For the last month or so, I've been editing my manual. Now that it's done, I'm revising the slideshow (PowerPoint) that goes with it. I. Am. Almost. Done. So instead of looking at a sea of black and white, I now get to look at pretty pictures... and type words into teeny tiny boxes (sigh). I've never needed to add notes before, but I don't think my new instructors will be too pleased if I didn't give them my two cents on all of the photos they'll need to show their students.

This project has indeed turned into a monster. Once it's done, I can finally concentrate on other writing projects I desperately want to start and finish. I've been mentally packing away all of my books and notebooks for vacation. How to Write a Sentence and How to Read One by Stanley Fish is already among my stack of books (It was recommended to me, but the reviews don't look so hot). I recently snagged a beautiful notebook by Appointed (soon to be in stores and available online). And I've been thinking about taking along some old favorites. This one is good for writing prompts and these are a few of my all-time favorites. Of course I must bring along something by Anna Quindlen.

I've counted 12 books and 5 notebooks so far! I think they may take up more room than my clothes.

0 comments: