June 10, 2015

A New Bakery is Coming to Town!

Quick, hide the croissants! Rumors started that a bakery would come to town when one of the more prominent buildings on Grove Street was refurbished a little over a year ago. Alas, it was not meant to be. As we strolled through town on Saturday, we noticed that the Waterhouse Restaurant is opening its own bakery right next door. Oh me. Bread is my kryptonite and there's going to be trouble. Of course I peeked inside. As you can see there doesn't seem to be a place to sit and eat, which is a bit disappointing. If I'm going to ditch my diet for something warm and doughy, I need to be held accountable. Grab and go is cheating. 

I have several go-to recipes I like to make, but I have never made just bread. And that is what I immediately think of when I hear the word bakery. So to entice your taste buds, here are some links to a few bread recipes along with a few baked goods. Enjoy!

Dutch Oven Crusty Bread (Add a little salt and/or EVOO, maybe some rosemary to the top...)

White Sandwich Bread

Texas Roadhouse Rolls

Nutella Shortbread Brownies

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Bread

0 comments: