August 19, 2015

The Best Marinade

I'm an intuitive cook. I have lots of recipes I follow word for word, but then there are times that I experiment. When I have to come up with recipe ideas for this blog, there are a lot I can choose from, but not many that are written down. So when it is time for me to recite a recipe, I can share the ingredients but not necessarily the measurements. 

Last week, I cooked all of the food for my parents anniversary party. All except the cake. I had visions of frosting smeared seat cushions and arriving with a box full of crumbs. Traveling from New Hampshire to Massachusetts made catering the cake a necessity.

Anyway, one of my "secret" ingredients is Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing. Here are a couple of the entrees I made for the occasion and a few more recipes from around the web.

Marinated Pork

1 6 oz. pork tenderloin
1-2 cups of Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing
  • Simple place the pork in a large Ziploc bag and cover the pork with the dressing. Marinate overnight.
  • Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
  • Place pork and marinade onto a tinfoil lined baking pan and roast for 30-40 minutes.
  • Once cooked, cover the pork in more tinfoil and let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
  • Slice pork into medallions and pour remaining marinade and juices over the pork to serve.
I also made my Marmalade Glazed Chicken and Pasta Salad.

Here are some other recipes using Newman's Own dressings from around the web...

Balsamic Sausage and Peppers (from Mom Foodie)
Tortellini Antipasto Pasta
Kale Summer Salad
Celebration Chicken

Enjoy!

0 comments: