November 24, 2015

Cranberry Country

A couple of weeks ago, my mother-in-law sent me a box of fresh cranberries from home. My husband and I grew up in and around the cranberry bogs of the south shore of Massachusetts, and every year she makes sure I get a big bag from the crate full my 85-year-old father-in-law picks himself. My mother-in-law makes batches and batches of cranberry bars. I don't cook with these cranberries. These are special cranberries. I fill a decorative glass apothecary jar and use them as decoration from Thanksgiving on. They make me smile every time I look at them.

For the first time in a long time, we're actually having company this Thanksgiving. Some family members are making the trek so I have lots of cooking to do, as I'm sure you do as well. So I'm going to sneak out a bit early this week. The first round of college pick-ups begins this afternoon and my empty nest will be full once again!

I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family. Here are some links I hope you enjoy until I return. (The links even have links, so there's lots to read!) Enjoy!

My Thanksgiving menu

Quick and easy Thanksgiving centerpieces

It's not too late to make your own Thankful Tree

Norman Rockwell also puts me in the holiday spirit

You're never too old to need your parents (family memories)

Last year's Thanksgiving table.

Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: