December 14, 2015

Curated Consignment

A couple of weeks ago, I did some holiday shopping at one of my favorite stores here in town. Twin Elm Farm is a group shop that is filled with all kinds of goodies including antiques, vintage-inspired items, handmade items, and gifts of every size, color, and price tag. I had my eye on a beautiful black chest of drawers, a cloth purse, several glass blown ornaments, and a few other last minute stocking stuffers I can't post about (Shhh). I walked out with the ornaments and stocking stuffers. We'll see what Santa leaves me under the tree.

What I love most about this store is the ever changing displays.The mix of old and new is always a pleasing way to embellish various items. Throw in a few organic (whether real or faux) materials, and it all comes to life. Some consigners come and go, while my favorites keep stocking their shelves with interesting and unique finds. Not all rooms are alike, and just like in conventional retail stores, it really does make a difference in how you display merchandise. I was itching to get my hands on some of the displays just to spruce them up a bit.

Here are some of my favorites to inspire your holiday décor.

0 comments: