February 5, 2016

Totally Crushing Over

This week's design finds had me wishing I had another house to decorate. Although spring is just around the corner, I'm still drawn to that more is more layered look only a house filled with beautiful finds tucked into every nook and cranny can deliver.

I'm loving the looks created over at One King's Lane. This home office is the perfect mix of old and new, sassy and serene. OKL offers design services from their NYC offices. And if you can't go to their Tribeca location, they'll schedule a virtual design consultation by phone.

I love layering art as well. This vignette by designer Emily Henderson is right up my alleylots of stuff without looking cluttered. You can read all about her journey with her (for now) favorite credenza here. Accessorizing a space or a piece of furniture is an ever-changing, living, breathing thing. Reinventing a piece of furniture is what it's all about. (P.S. I prefer this look.)

And since gray continues to be one of my favorite colors to work with, and to wear, I chose this lovely fireplace vignette from Joanna Gaines. If your fireplace is lacking in style, of any kind, why not give it some additional architectural presence and add wood paneling all around. Paint it a contrasting color (try SW 6236 Grays Harbor), and then have fun layering the mantel with a mirror (as a backdrop), some cool art, and a few well-chosen accessories. Be careful with mantles... don't overcrowd the space. Breathing room is important.  

And finally to my arch nemesisthe kitchen. My love/hate relationship with my kitchen is all about cooking. I love to cook and sometimes I hate to cook. I could happily spend an entire day whipping up delicious dishes or joyfully pass it by on the way to my office. But I adore making kitchens both functional and beautiful. The folks over at Anthropolgie had me at hello with this one. I'm drawn to European-inspired designssubway tile, large industrial appliances, wood and/or marble counters, gorgeous crockery, stainless and copper pots and pans. This is a kitchen I would not ignore.

Now it's time for you to find some inspiration this weekend. Pull up Pinterest, grab some magazines, and start putting together looks that appeal to you.

Happy hunting!

0 comments: