April 11, 2014

Polar Plunge Doggie Style


Even though there is still some snow on the ground, spring is finally here. So yesterday afternoon, my husband asked if I wanted to take the dogs for a walk at the state park. I'm ashamed to say that I've been so cold this winter that our doggie walks dwindled considerably this year. My family is getting enough exercise, but I realized my dogs weren't. I've vowed to whip them back into shape even if I have to drag Cooper around on his leash. And he hates his leash. 

My daughters and their friends have been participating in a Polar Plunge. It's even made the papers due to the dangers of jumping into freezing water. Luckily, all of their friends have been smart about the plungemaking sure there are enough people on hand to help anyone who can't make it out, and staying away from strong currents. After I shot a bunch of pictures and video of the dogs yesterday, I thought it looked like they had participated in their own version. Dante (the husky) loves the water. Cooper does not. Dante is trying to coax him across the flooded grassy area just before you reach the beach. 
Cooper was hooked. He did it again and again. 

This was our walk to and from the beach. The sun hasn't gotten rid of all of the snow just yet and they couldn't pass up the chance to roll around in it again and again.

A few links for dog lovers...

Cooper and Dante's kennel stays are over. We finally have a dog-sitter! If you're looking to give your dog/pet a taste of home while you're away, check out DogVacay.

I could use these tips. I hate lugging around my good camera all the time, so my iPhone has been filling in. Check out these 10 tips for photographing your dog like I plan to.

Dogs welcoming soldiers home. Tissues might be a good idea.

Woman's best friend.

Marley and Me is one of the best dog movies you can see. (And the book is good, too.)

0 comments: