- It helps to alkalize the body.
- It's great for anyone with asthma.
- Balances blood sugar and pH levels.
- It's considered brain and heart food.
- Takes the place of caffeine. (Try it if you're trying to reduce your caffeine intake.)
- Works to detoxify the body.
- Helps to relieve congestion and break up phlegm.
- Improves digestive health and helps treat constipation.
- Increases metabolism and aids in weight loss.
- Improves immune system.
- Keeps you hydrated.
- Lowers high blood pressure and stress levels.
- Prevents bad breath.
- Helps prevent UTIs.
- Helps to keep your liver on track.
To learn more about the health benefits of lemon water, read this article from Well-Being Secrets.
Hey, with the good comes the bad... It's National Hamburger month (and my diet downfall). Read more about my love of hamburgers and comfort food.
Photo: Lucas Argh. Source: http://www.juicingwithg.com/benefits-of-drinking-lemon-water/