April 22, 2015

The Benefits of Lemon Water

I love lemonsthe scent, the taste. They remind me of summer and good health all year round. I always add lemon to my iced tea, and I try to have as many on hand to liven up foods like steamed broccoli, hummus, asparagus, and salads. And, my favorite drinks. Adding lemon to your water is an easy way to reap many health benefits which include...
  • It helps to alkalize the body.
  • It's great for anyone with asthma.
  • Balances blood sugar and pH levels.
  • It's considered brain and heart food.
  • Takes the place of caffeine. (Try it if you're trying to reduce your caffeine intake.)
  • Works to detoxify the body.
  • Helps to relieve congestion and break up phlegm.
  • Improves digestive health and helps treat constipation.
  • Increases metabolism and aids in weight loss.
  • Improves immune system.
  • Keeps you hydrated.
  • Lowers high blood pressure and stress levels.
  • Prevents bad breath.
  • Helps prevent UTIs.
  • Helps to keep your liver on track.
So the next time someone asks if you want lemon in your water, say "yes, please".

To learn more about the health benefits of lemon water, read this article from Well-Being Secrets.

Hey, with the good comes the bad... It's National Hamburger month (and my diet downfall). Read more about my love of hamburgers and comfort food.

Photo: Lucas Argh. Source: http://www.juicingwithg.com/benefits-of-drinking-lemon-water/

0 comments: